Special days in Kazakhstan Grade 2
|Long-term plan unit: 6 Traditions and customs||School: №|
|Grade: 2||Number present:||absent:|
|Theme of the lesson:||Special days in Kazakhstan|
|Learning objectives(s)||W3 write familiar words to identify people, places and objects|
S4 respond to basic supported questions about people, objects
L3 recognise with support common names and names of places recognise the spoken form of a limited range of everyday and classroom words
|Lesson objectives||All learners will be able to:|
– Recognize new words with the help of images
Most learners will be able to:
– Do most tasks without mistakes
Some learners will be able to
– Do all task without mistakes and say new ideas
|Success criteria||Ss will be able to |
– Name the new words
– Do the tasks correctly
– Make sentences about holidays
– Try to find answers to different questions
|Value links||– To respect national holidays|
|Cross curricular links||History, Kazakh, Russian|
|ICT skills||The use of whiteboard|
|Previous learning||Grammar time|
|Planned timings||Planned activities |
|Warm – up.|
Teacher shows a video and Ss sing the song together.
T introduce with the LO of the lesson
Teacher ask learner to show their posters and introduce it.
“Special day in Kazakhstan”
In the poster should be
2. Short description
3. What do children do
– 8th of March
– 7th of May
– 9th of May
– 31st of December
– 1st December
– 1st June
– 30th August
– 6th July
– 22th of March
|– Teacher gives learners a calendar they answer the questions about holidays and months. Next exercise also about months.|
– Teacher ask learners “How do people celebrate holidays?” “Where can people go to holidays? ” “How do people get to place of celebration?”
– Then teacher revise the topic transport with learners in groups.
– Teacher organize a short competition about holidays. Learners try to guess a name of the game by pictures. Which group guess more than next group win.
– Teacher ask learners what kind of food they like to eat on holidays. Then they try to say sentences using ‘I like’ or ‘I don’t like’. Then they do the task in written form.
|‘Do you like it?’ song. (0-3 min only)|
-T gives feedback for students’ answers and gives home task (to learn words ).