Быжыбаева Назкеш Жамбыловна
The theme: Қазақстан мектептері
1.Educating: to give some information about primary school, learn the new information about the education, to enrich students’ knowledge about school;
2.Developing: to develop the students reading ,speaking, thinking skills. To develop pupils abilities in reading for understanding;
3.Bringing up: to enlarge pupils interest in learning foreign languages.
Type of the lesson: introduction of new material.
Method of teaching: Individual work, listening, work with the text, question-answers.
Visual aids: books ,different cards, slides.
The procedure of the lesson:
Speaking on duty
- Do you remember your first day at primary school?
- What was your first teacher’s name?
- Do you like to go to school?
- Why do we study?
Yes, we go to school because knowledge is power.
Check up your homework.
Translate the words. I group
What is Kazakh for ordinary?
What is Kazakh for primary?
What is the English for орта мектеп?
What is the English for оқу бағдарламасы?
What is the English for міндетті?
What is the Kazakh for comprise?
“Hot chair” II group
- Is your school large or small?
2. How many floors has your school got?
3. Are there the classrooms for the primary forms in your school?
4. What age did your start school at?
5. When did you go to secondary school?
6. Why do you learn the English language?
But before you start let’s Improve you reading skills.
Today we`ll speak about Primary School. Now, let`s read the text about “My primary school”
My name is Aidar. I am 14 years old and now I am living in Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan. I started school at the age of seven. It was an ordinary school in Almaty where my family lived before. After four years of primary school I went to secondary school .Primary and secondary schools comprise eleven years of study. Nine years of classes are compulsory in our republic.
The primary school curriculum included such subjects as Kazakh, Maths ,Russian, Drawing, Physical training and Music. We had also Nature classes. Our school was not an English school but we had English classes which started in the second form.
Our school year began on the first of September and ended in May. It lasted 9 months .We had 4 holidays a year :winter ,spring, summer and autumn. On the first of September we got acquainted with our teachers and had our first lessons. Every lesson lasted fourty five minutes. Every we had 4 or 5 lessons. We usually had a lot of homework and it took us 2 hours to do it.If we didn’t know how to do our homework we usually asked the teachers for help.
Answer the questions. Interview
1.What age did Aidar start school at?
2.When did he go to secondary school?
3.How many years of study do primary and secondary schools comprise?
4.How many years of study are compulsory in our republic?
5.What subjects does the primary school curriculum include?
6.When does the school year begin and end?
7.What holidays do you have every year?
8.When do you get acquainted with your teachers?
9.How long does every lesson last?
- How many lessons did you have every day when you studied at primary school?
- What will you do if you don’t know how to do your homework?
Now let`s do exercises
Fill in the correct prepositions. I group
- Astana is the capital –Kazakhstan.
- I started school ———the age of seven.
- Nine years ——classes are compulsary.
- Our school year usually begins———-the first ——September.
- ———-the first of September we get acquainted————our teachers.
Complete the sentences. II group
1.After four years of …………… school classes I went to ………school.
2.Primary and secondary schools together …… eleven years of study.
3.The primary school curriculum …… such subjects as Kazakh, Maths, Russian, Drawing, Physical Training and Music.
4.Our school year begins on the first of September and ends in May. It……9 months.
5.On the first of September we …… with our teachers.
What kind of school is it?
- Pupils must take a selection tests. (grammar school)
- Children read, write, do sums, play games. They spend a lot of time outdoors. (Primary school)
- The parents pay much money for education of their children. (Private school)
- Boys and girls are interested in working with their hands. They learn some trade at these schools. They don’t learn foreign languages. (Modern school)
- These schools are for all boys and girls. They don’t have selection tests. (Comprehensive school)
Say the poems in 3 languages
- After——— years of primary school we went to secondary school.
a) six b) five c) four
2. Средняя школа
a) Primary school b) Secondary school c) Modern school
3. My favourite subjects——— Kazakh, Russian and English.
a) am b) is c) are
4. Our school year begins ———— the first ——September.
a) on/of b) at/in c) by/for
5. The school year in our country ends in ———— .
a) September b) June c) May
6. Pupils have ————- holidays a year.
a) 4 b) 5 c) 3
7. Nine years of classes are ————— in our country.
a) ordinary b) compulsory c) secondary
8. Every lesson lasts ——— minutes.
a) thirty b) fifty five c) forty five
9. Учебный план
a) curriculum b) comprise c) compulsory
10. Primary and secondary schools together comprise ———years of study.
a) ten b) eleven c) twelve
Home task: Your hometask will be ex.5 Say in English